“Smartly built, endlessly entertaining, and unexpectedly heartwarming, Dadliest Catch manages to turn an utterly ridiculous concept into one of the most surprising games in recent memory.”
9/10 – EGM
“Octodad is a great example of a game that conveys a message through gameplay. In conjunction with its story, characters, and setting, the controls offer an empathetic look into the life of an extreme outsider trying to fit in and trying to do right by his family. I love that. Gaming is growing up, and Octodad is some of the best evidence of that.”
91/100 – VentureBeat
“Octodad: Dadliest Catch has one of the great comic premises ever attempted in video games...For much of Dadliest Catch's playtime, everything works in a kind of chaotic harmony, creating comedy out of every day situations that are, unsurprisingly, ludicrously challenging for a cephalopod in a suit.”
4/5 – Giant Bomb
About This Game
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.
In this sequel to the splash hit Octodad, our cephaloprotagonist has gotten himself in a bind between his wife’s mounting mistrust, and a disastrous trip to the local aquarium! Are you dad enough to control the titular octopus father as he strives to hide his nautical nature from his family while keeping his tangled tentacles intact?
In Octo-ber 2010, a group of university students released the original Octodad into the world. Despite everyone being convinced that the game was about a normal human dad, the game was a cult hit, gained critical acclaim, and was an Independent Games Festival Student Finalist in 2011. Octodad received enough attention that the team decided to run a Kickstarter, form the game studio Young Horses, and create a bigger, better, more polished game about Octodad. Two and a half years after beginning production, Octodad: Dadliest Catch is ready to flop awkwardly into your arms.
- Octodad’s wacky physics create hilarious moments that are different every time. Be surprised by the randomness of Octodad’s flailing or express your own sense of humor by making Octodad do silly things.
- An all-new adventure that explores Octodad’s world, relationships and backstory.
- Complete Octodad’s sartorial style by collecting and wearing a variety of hidden neckties.
- Gather family members and/or friends to control Octodad's limbs in co-op mode with 2 to 4 players. Up to 4 times the limbsanity!
- Gain access to the (Windows Only) level editor that the Young Horses used to create Octodad: Dadliest Catch. Create your own ridiculous levels for Octodad to squish and flop through and submit them to Steam Workshop.
- Play mod levels created by the Steam community and the creators of Octodad on Steam Workshop. (PC/Mac/Linux)
- Experience Dadliest Catch’s unique control scheme with various control inputs, including X360, DualShock4, Mouse + Keyboard, Mac multitouch trackpad, Windows 8 touchscreens. For gamepads, XInput is best supported, as DirectInput requires manual remapping in most circumstances.
Written and Produced by Seth Parker.
Artwork by Chris Stallman.
You can find more music from Kozilek here
Ian McKinney's Bandcamp is here
and more of Whitaker Trebella's tunes are here
If you purchased the soundtrack DLC the files will be placed in your Octodad Dadliest Catch folder in the Steam Directory: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Octodad Dadliest Catch\Octodad Dadliest Catch Original Soundtrack\ (Right click Octodad Dadliest Catch in the Games list -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files).