There's something magic about this game!
It's not only the "dumb" little indie game it looks like.
The game is actually fun, and the main character is lovable.
Everything is at the right place, the characters, the whole silliness, the comic factor, the slapstick, the challenges ecc...
Octodad is fun and lighthearted, with a challenging, yet rewarding, control system.
I'd say it's a littel gem, with its only problem being that is, unfortunately, a SMALL gem.
The longevity, as a matter of fact, is the only downside of the game.
When you think the game is going to reach the climax it ends, ...it can even be completed in less than 2 hours, by a skilled player.
The very small price you can buy it at, though, highly compensates for the duration of the experience.
- Charming, in every single way
- A Billion Easter Eggs
- Nice Control System (and quite precise)
- Many things to do
- Nice characters
- Amazing level design, accomplished with a modest graphics engine
- Fun Achievments
- Really funny and comic
- There are occasional parts of levels which are too "dry" (talking about graphics)
- Very Short (even though it encourages at least one replay for the achievments)
In the end i would love to see a new, longer and complete chapter, with the same features, but an expanded gameplay.
For now it's a well promoted experiment.