There is a lot of misinformation in these reviews.
1) Forge is not pay-to-win, and never will be. Nothing you purchase gives you an advantage.
2) People who bought the game before the f2p transition did not lose anything.
3) None of the classes are locked behind a pay wall.
4) The combat is very complex, and takes a while to learn.
5) Every class has a counter. Almost nothing is truly OP.
6) The user interface was redone, and has been much improved.
I've been looking for a game like this for a long time - skill based combat with an MMO style. If you enjoy WoW arenas or Guild Wars 2 spvp, you'll definitely want to try Forge. Also, if you've played games like Tera, but couldn't stand the grind or wanted to focus solely on pvp, this game is for you.
I've been playing Forge since the alpha, and though it's still rough in a few places, very few games have managed to hold my attention like Forge has. Overall, this game is very solid, and it deserves a place in any competitive gamer's library.
Audio quality and game performance still need some work, but the developers have already promised ongoing support and free content patches post-launch (as they have done consistently throughout alpha and beta).
8/10 - Hardcore pvp ftw.