I shall divide this into 2 parts: pre-0.6.2 patch and post-0.6.2 patch (current) Pre-0.6.2 Patch Pros:
- While many people complain it's a pay-2-win game, it's not. None of the premium weapons available in the Shop, currency boosts or packs bought as part of the game leaned towards helping one win in the PvP aspect.
- Each of the legendary weapons in the game have their own unique characteristics which provide a specific build for certain characters.
- Nearly all of the characters are balanced relatively, except for Charlie, which has been added latest prior to the patch. Cons:
- As mentioned above, Charlie is not very balanced.
- There are only 2 servers, in North America (USA) and Europe (Germany). Both servers are located in the northen hemisphere. This brings trouble for players playing from the southern hemisphere. Also, players from all 207 countries share these 2 servers.
- Game development is slow, with only a couple of bugs fixed in every session of server maintenance. Post-0.6.2 Patch Pros:
- Charlie has been nerfed, but still needs more rebalance.
- Modifications added provide a new different playstyle. Cons:
- The rebalance of the weapons have made legendary weapons lose their uniqueness and genuinity. For example, all legendaries have the same power rating, which attributes varying across one another.
- Latency for players with bad ping have become worse. Game has generally become more ping-dependent.
- The addition of Crossroads adds a new difficulty to the game, with its focus of playstyle to slot in between the PvE and PvP aspects, new players can find themselves struggling to play well. In addition, the average length of a Crossroads mission is 25 - 30 minutes, which is fairly long compared to the once-existed horde missions (10 - 15 minutes). This means that if players choose to play a short round they have to play the starter missions which will provide far less reward value than Crossroads and Scavenger (PvP). The narrator of crossroads, Dr Bauer, has a fairly depressing tone.
- Consummables cannot be sold for gear points. Some of them can't be bought from the Shop and can only be earned through leveling up account level.
- I feel the game is moving more towards the PvP aspect of every MOBA game than towards the theme of the game which is about zombies.
All in all, I do not recommend the game if your location is far away from any of the servers' locations.