This content requires the base game Train Simulator 2014 on Steam in order to play.
Buy BR Class 117
About the GameThe doyen of Pressed Steel diesel multiple units on the British Rail network, the Class 117, is now available for Train Simulator.
Introduced in 1959, the Class 117 was originally designed to handle rural branch line and suburban stopping services as replacement for steam-hauled services. Put into service on BR’s Western Region, the DMU operated services out of London Paddington and across South Wales and Cornwall.
A total of 123 cars were built, making up two-car and three-car DMUs, and survived several reorganisations of the rail network and the introduction of more modern units. However, the pressure from modernisation eventually took its toll and all were withdrawn from mainline service by 2000, with several today preserved on heritage railways across the UK.
The Class 117 DMU for Train Simulator is available in British Rail green livery and features a full three-car consist including a Driving Motor Brake Second, Driving Motor Second and Trailer Composite Lavatory, complete with passenger view, cab lighting and mechanical gear change.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the BR Class 117 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the West Somerset Railway route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
ScenariosFour scenarios for the West Somerset Railway route:
- Simple Controls Training: Class 117
- Expert Controls Training: Class 117
- Summer Set for Tourists
- A Run for Williton
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
- Class 117 DMU in BR green livery
- Three car consist, comprising of Driving Motor Brake Second, Driving Motor Second and Trailer Composite Lavatory
- Passenger view
- Cab lighting
- Mechanical gear change
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the West Somerset Railway route
- Download size: 373mb
- OS: Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
DB and the DB logo are trademarks of Deutsche Bahn AG. Southeastern is an exclusive copyright and mark of London & South Eastern Railway Ltd. All rights reserved. Used with Permission. Southern Pacific is a trademark, used under license. The Union Pacific shield is a trademark of the Union Pacific Railroad company . All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
There are no public reviews for this product yet
You can write your own review for this product to share your experience with the community. Use the area above the purchase buttons on this page to write your review.