Přidáno: 3. července 2014
After (too many) years playing this game, I could sum it up like this :
- Free to Play.
- Unique RvRvR gameplay.
- Fun fort and open field wars.
- Mostly open-world.
- Freedom of being able to do whatever you want at any time.
- Simple and straightforward.
- Nice community.
- Free of Asian-MMO nonsense.
- Light on system resources.
- Premium not directly influencing gameplay.
- Linux support.
- Rubbish controls. (eg: not able to rebind spell keys)
- Grinding nightmare. (And you need to be fairly high-level (>45) in order to get fun from the RvR.)
- Really stale, boring and partially broken combat mechanics.
- Omnipresent luck and randomness. (Enjoy having your spells and hits randomly being resisted and evaded for no reason)
- Game of numbers with no diminishing returns system of any sort. (Usually the realm with most numbers will always stomp while outnumbered ones will be completely helpless.)
- Very dull quest system riddled with bad translations.
- Extremely basic guard and mob AI.
- No crafting or jobs.
- Very limited and crappy character customisation.
- Fundamental design flaws leading to perpetual class and map imbalance.
- Premium indirectly and increasingly impacting gameplay.
- Out of date graphics.
- Dull and repetitive sounds/music.
- Worriying direction the game is taking (such as ruining RvR by implementing instances).
- Support system sucks.
- Same map that will appear boring and small after a while.
- Not many capturable buildings.
- Many hours of boredom before a few minutes of action happen most of the days, at least in the International server.
- Not much to do in this game outside of grinding and warring.
- Developers track record not really good, and sometimes acting in very unprofessional manners.
- Major ignored problems, imbalances and bugs still ruining this game after so many years.
- Lacks a ton of polishing in many aspects.
- Linux and OpenGL support partially broken, many extra bugs and missing graphical features.
I would have recommended this game a few years ago when it still had an interesting and unique potential, however not much improvement, and instead a lot of regressions have happenned in the past few years, while the root issues haven't been cared about so far.
So as a conclusion, if you're looking for a well-made polished and complete MMO then you should not even bother with this. If you don't mind most of the aforementioned cons (especially grinding) and look for something simple, you might get some fun and new friends from it.