Windborne Signs, Ladders, and Launchers Update, 7/22/2014
- New features:
- New Climbable (vines, ladders)
- New Launcher (you can shift-click it in gather mode to switch between various directions)
- New Signs (Iconic Standing Sign, Iconic Wall Sign, Iconic Floor Sign, Standing Sign, Floor Sign, Hanging Sign)
- Activate normal signs to write text on them. Click in the text box to write on the sign.
- Shift-click iconic signs to go through the icons
- You can turn on auto-gather in settings. This makes it so you continually gather in gather mode without holding down the right mouse button.
- Misc fixes/polish:
- UI Consistency update (buttons, scrollbars, etc)
- Fly-to-player no longer teleports you inside the target player
- Physics is now turned off for plants, ladders, etc. You can place these even if standing in the block.
- Wall and brick blocks are much more efficient (they hide geometry that is obscured). This is retroactive.
- Hand auto-hide is less annoying
- Bug fixes:
- Many crash fixes
- Pets tamed as a client no longer act like they belong to the host
- Malik/Ferals only take one block from item stacks (you won’t lose all your gold in one swoop)
- Music volume setting is less sensitive
- Player/Character loading is more safe and tries to handle/recover corrupted characters
- Some broken UI crafting filters were fixed
Hi, everyone! Echo here (posted by Nerdmaid). It's been just over a week since we released the World Traveler, and I thought I'd take some time to talk about where we're going next.
This patch which addresses some minor bugs that we missed in the update, as well as a recovery tool which should help those who are in the middle of a save when the power goes out (It happens more frequently than you’d guess). I’d like to thank everyone for the feedback and reports – they help us a lot, and we go through every one of them.
Now we’re going to start focusing on our next update, which means that we probably won’t update the game for another 5-6 weeks, but we still have a lot of things going on:
- Kaboom, our community rep, runs weekly build challenges and live streams (follow us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/windbornegame )
- We’re active on twitter at https://twitter.com/WindborneGame
- We post dev updates periodically on our website:
--> Blog: http://www.hiddenpath.com/blog/category/windborne/
--> Forums : http://www.hiddenpath.com/forum/forum/hidden-path-forums/windborne-general-discussion
- The Windborne Steam Community is pretty active - http://steamcommunity.com/app/221560/discussions/
What’s planned for the next update? Well, we like it being a surprise, but I can give one hint right now: Exploring is going to become a very important part of the game.
As always, thanks for your support, and feel free to give us feedback at any time!
- Fixed a number of crashes
- Flits and Pinchers now follow you after being tamed
- Visiting Gallery islands is more reliable
- Pets won’t follow other players
- Character select now shows your entire character
- Re-added the recipe for Super Marble Bricks
- Control settings are more reliably saved
- Those who play in our live streams with Kaboom now may receive a special gift!