“I really enjoyed working with iPi Soft’s markerless motion capture system. I think it is a great product and would definitely recommend it.”
– NYC Production & Post News
“I'm very impressed with iPi Soft and recommend the software highly.<”
– Renderosity, Ricky Grove
iPi Mocap Recorder
To track motions with iPi Mocap Studio 2, you need first to record them with the iPi Recorder. Check out the FREE iPi Recorder HERE.
About This Software
Motion Capture for the Masses
Note: Free trial is fully functional for 30 days after installation.
iPi Motion Capture™ is a scalable markerless motion capture software tool that supports 1 or 2 Kinect/Xtion cameras or 3 to 6 Sony PlayStation Eye cameras to track 3D human body motions and produce 3D animation.
“iPi Motion Capture is so powerful and cost effective. It’s fantastic to be able to come up with an idea and in a few minutes record exactly what you want and apply it to your characters. iPi is what mocap should be all about -- making your ideas reality in a matter of minutes.“
- David Gonzalez, President of Mission Critical Studios, a New Jersey-based developer of mobile games.
The technology is accurate, easy to use and affordable.
With iPi Motion Capture™ you can:
- Record multi-camera video in regular office / home environment
- Track 3D human motions right at your desktop and produce 3D animation
- Clean-up / edit 3D animation using integrated clean-up / keyframing tools
- Transfer motions to 3D character and export 3D animation to most popular formats including FBX, BVH, Collada
iPi Motion Capture™ Free Trial works with off-the-shelf equipment:
- 1 or 2 Kinect / Xtion depth sensors or
- 3 or 4 Sony PS Eye cameras
- Runs on regular PC with gaming class videocard
- Fully-functional within 30 days from installation, after that all functions will be available except animation export
iPi Motion Capture™ is compatible with
- Valve Source Engine, Source Film Maker
- Unreal Engine, Unity
- Autodesk 3DS Max, Maya
- CINEMA 4D, Lightwave
- Poser, DAZ3D, Blender and others.
Advantages iPi Motion Capture™:
- no need for expensive facility space with special lighting, background and the team of technicians
- no need for clumsy sensor suits with reflective markers
- portable system that can be packed in a backpack with as less as 20-30 minutes set-up and calibration time
- allow up to 20 by 20 feet capture volume with minimum required space as small as 9 by 5 feet
- with integrated animation clean-up and motion transfer tools you do not necessarily need expensive 3rd party applications
- extremely affordable Solution
Windows only product. The price includes only software.
- Technology: Optical Markerless
- Number of cameras: 1 or 2 Kinect (or ASUS Xtion) cameras or 3 to 4 Sony PlayStation Eye cameras
- Input Format: *.iPiVideo (recorded with free iPi Recorder™ application)
- Output Formats:
- Biovision .BVH
- 3D MAX Biped-compatible .BVH
- iClone-comaptible BVH
- Valve Software's Source Engine animation .SMD
- Video Recording Conditions and Environment:
- Indoor and outdoor
- Normal lighting conditions
- No markers required
- Actor Clothing Requirements:
- Actor can wear reasonable casual clothes.
- Tight-fitting solid-color clothes recommended.
- Jeans and T-shirts are supported.