Well it's hard to either recommend this game or not. But since the negative things overweigh, I choose to not reccomend this game.
The positive things:
- Mowing down zombies which explode. Fun!
- Bonus for mowing down even more zombies.
- A game that doesn't need any explanation and is simple.
The negative things:
- Driving can be very frustrating, since you very often get stuck on some stupid corners. And half of the time you're maneuvring back and forth and back an forth and back an forth, while insulting the bad controls with a very foul language.
- You never see what's coming, since the camera angles (no matter which one you chose) takes away any sight or fun. For that I have to say I was never a fan of the first two GTAs.
- Time limits, time limits, time limits. Of course not every mission has to be completed in a certain amount of time but it's annoying as hell if you do have to. Why do game makers don't realize we hate time limits as much as we hate escort missions?
- Most of the time you're searching for a route to your objective. The map is very confusing and of course your objectives are at the most far end of the map. The military has helicopters, but f--- this s---, let's just send a normal car instead. Only the city is completely overrun with zombies and world is in peril, but that's fine. A normal car will do.
- The cars are a joke. I understand that you're beginning slowly with a taxi, a limo, a van, and that every car has its specific speed, passenger seats and maneuvrabilty. But they are boring and it's not really getting any better. No special cars or anything. The bulldozer and the tank, which are FUN AS HELL, you're only allowed in one, two missions. Yeah, just take the fun awaw from the player, I don't think he doesn't mind at all.
- The ending. Really? It seems the creators of this game lost any interest or motiviation.
The things that don't matter:
- For a simple game like this it has an evolving story. Which doesn't make sens. Because yeah, let's send a taxi driver in a city overun with zombies to get some crucial things, while the bulldozer and the tank and all the military stays at the base. Makes pure sense. Why not a person on a bicycle, just to make things interesting? Yeah, take this, zombie! *bashes zombiehead with club*
Things that could make this game awesome:
- A camera angle which actually puts some fun and clarity in the gameplay.
- More cars / vehicles which also look differently after upgrading.
- Cars that feel like cars and not like toy cars or bricks.
- The option to buy upgrades before you start the mission. Not finding powerups during the missions. That's uninspiring and fun-breaking. Even with the upgrades your machine gun only has 300 rounds - if you pick up the flame thrower, the machine gun's gone. Mission briefing, upgrading the car, killing zombies. What is the problem? One can never concentrate in mowing down zombies. Instead you're constantly on the lookout for said powerups.
Overall, it's a decent little game, which could be an effin awesome game, if they just would have put some awesomeness in it. I did not finish the game and after failing in a mission several times and watching videos of the last missions on YouTube, I'm glad I didn't finish the game.