March 12th, 2014
Tag to Win It! DLC Giveaway Returns!
As some of you may know, Steam has recently implemented a Steam Tagging Beta
. Users who opt into this beta can tag games, programs, DLC, etc. with customized categories!
So how do you win things, as the headline suggests? It's simple! Follow the Tagging Guide below for RPG Maker products and we will randomly select two winners on Wednesday every week!
Each winner will receive a Steam key for one RPG Maker DLC of their choice!
The first winner will be selected from the pool of entries from the previous week. The second winner will be a cumulative selection, so if you submit an tagging entry tomorrow, you may still end up winning three weeks from now!
For each RPG Maker product you tag (with screenshot proof), you'll receive an entry into the drawing. For example: if you tag VX Ace and three DLC packs, you'll be entered into the drawing four times. For the sake of organization, please keep all of your screenshots contained to one post: you can edit previous posts to add more content.
So what are you waiting for? Get taggin' for a chance to win DLC!
Here's how you can access the tagging features and enter this giveaway!
First, you'll need to opt into Steam Beta. Here
is a guide on how to do this. (Select "Steam Beta Update" from the beta drop-down menu.)
We also recommend reading the Steam Tag Introduction here
After opting into Steam Beta Update, you'll be prompted to restart Steam. This may take a minute or two.
After restarting, you can now access the Tagging feature! To tag our products and DLC, you'll need to go to the Store Page of that product. You can add tags on the right-hand side of the screen, as shown in this screenshot:
Click to view image.
Take a screenshot of the tags you are using for either RPG Maker XP, VX Ace, or the DLC, like so:
Click to view image.
(Please note that in the screenshot above, you can clearly see which tags are being created, as well as which product is being tagged. We'll need to see both of these things in your screenshot for you to be eligible for the giveaway.)'
1. To qualify for this giveaway, you must follow the tagging guide mentioned above: in the screenshot, we need to see both the product being tagged as well as all the tags you are applying.
2. Only responses in this topic will count towards the giveaway.
3. You can tag as many products as you want. You will receive one entry into the giveaway for each RPG Maker program or DLC that you tag.
4. Posting inappropriate tags is grounds for disqualification: Steam will be promptly removing such tags as well.
5. For uploading screenshots, we recommend Imgur
or a similar program; you can post the hyperlinks in your response here. (Imgur may be banned in your country, in which case you'll want to use another image sharing website.)
6. The drawings will be held just after Midnight UTC on Wednesdays. We will be holding two drawings: one winner will be selected from the pool of entries from the previous week, and the other winner will be selected from the cumulative pull of entries since the start of the giveaway. Tags submitted during the February giveaway will qualify for the cumulative raffles!
7. If you have already tagged a product in a previous week, you can submit again but your tags must be new additions!
8. Contestents can win up to three times. If someone has already one thrice and is selected again, we will have to select a new winner.