Cargo Commander is the worst game I've tried this year. Well, that may not be true. I simply didn't "get" this game, and it could somehow click with other players. But despite my lack of understanding, Cargo Commander has unquestionable flaws, and big ones.
* Poor explanation of what's going on and what you're supposed to achieve
* Very unintuitive controls
* A procedural level generator that generates unwinnable levels (or maybe I just don't get it, and they are solvable, but early levels should be easier than this.
* A procedural level generator that has no balance on ammo generation.
* Sort of bland looks.
* Levels last a very short time (30 seconds - 1 minute) before they start auto-destroying, making it even harder to grasp the game.
Really, I've made four attempts with this game, and left in disgust each time after 15 minutes.
Anyone looking for some procedurally generated platforming should get Spelunky instead, which sits at the exact opposite of the awesomeness spectrum.
Geplaatst: 30 november 2013