Ok after finishing the game, I'm ready to give it the thumbs up. There are some things that potential players of the game should be aware of before purchasing however, as they may dramatically effect enjoyment of the game:
1. The art style of the game, it really worked in some respects (Such as the Harveys/demons) but in other respects it was kind of lacking, such as the mouth animations of the characters.
2. Some of the puzzles in the game require a large amount of discrete math, so I hope you took a class in it in your undergraduate. Break out the truth tables! You can skip all of these puzzles though. I recommend trying your hand at them though if you have a familiarity with these sort of logic puzzles.
3. Acheivements straight up arn't working as of 11/28/13. If you're an acheivement ♥♥♥♥♥ like myself, this will disappoint you, and reduce your game completion % if you're keeping track of that.
4. Not so much a problem, but a warning. Art style notwithstanding, this ain't a kid's game. Were this game a movie, I'd rate it R. I wouldn't even recommend playing this in the same house as a kid.
That said, even with those caviats, the game is worth playing because:
1. The dark humor of the game is done well.
2. Solid endings
3. Most of the use thing on thing puzzles are fairly straightforward.
Anyway all told, I enjoyed it, you might too.
Posted: November 28th, 2013