Played this game over 1,000 hours and still love (almost) every aspect of it.
I could write a detailed and philosophical review at this point but come on.
**BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU BUY**--->Decent internet connection required. No better than usual FPS games, but don't expect the little wired box in your eskimo cabin to cut it simply because it plays RPG games just fine.--->The game has a learning curve.
Join a game and get killed. Get killed some more. Before you know it, you've gotten much better.
If you're anything like me though, you'll find yourself ragequitting quite often in the beginning. :D--->The game features unique mechanics. All of them have their own titles.Dragging
is when you move your view around as you swing. Swings are realtime, which means the following when swinging from left to right
*Stand still while swinging for normal speed.
*Rotate to your right while swinging to accelerate your attack.
*Rotate to your left while swinging to deaccelerate your attack, tricking your opponent into blocking too early.Feints
are cancelling your attacks in order to follow up with a different one. Very useful for making your opponent think you'll attack him, only for him to block too early and be hit by the follow up attack.
So as you see, many different techniques. Get the hang of them. Don't complain about them. It's all part of the game, if these techniques were removed it'd be Chivalry: Stamina Warfare. The game where whoever runs out of stamina first loses.
Instead you're offered a full arsenal of weaponry, a variety of classes, and a mix of fighting styles.
Are you good with a Greatsword?
Feel like picking the Spear and going Oberyn-style?
Maybe you feel safer with the Crossbow?
Or simply popping heads with your Morning Star, perhaps?There are so many options, it's incredible!--->Most reviewers are losers.
Are you reading the review section because you're deciding whether or not you want to buy this game? Then reading reviews is indeed a smart decision. But watch out.
There are some negative reviews. 5% of them make a valid point, the other 95% are blatantly ignorant. Why?
Because these negative reviewers would have been better off buying Call of Duty because they were looking for a mindless hop-in-and-own game. You will of course have fun in this game as well, but it's also a game that takes time to master. Be patient.
When I say most reviewers are losers, I mean that pretty much every single negative review about this game is posted by someone with very few hours spent in-game. They joined a match, they weren't used to not getting 1st place like in their mindless CoD games, and then they complained about a part of the game. Vanguards are OP. No, Archers are OP.
Trust me, after spending just a few hours you have no idea what's OP or not. These people didn't have the patience to learn this game.
If you're interested in Medieval Combat, then by all means buy this game. It's well worth the price, take that from someone who has actually played the game for a considerable amount of time.
Of course a peasant isn't a master in swordplay. As you start this game, you'll join the training and become attached to a weapon. And months later you'll look back and laugh at how bad you were at that first point. Because now
you are a true soldier. No man can beat you in combat, and no team was ever luckier to have you on it's side.