An inferior game when compared to NBA 2k12.
Aside from the servers being shut down, so there's absolutely no online functionality:
* Teammates and opponents alike don't box out and rebounds will sometimes magically teleport into a player's hand
* The controls and the game will often fight you when you're trying to move, particularly when you're trying to defend a quick opponent, so you end up going the opposite direction than you indicate with your controller first before going in the direction you want to.
* Significant foul bias in favor of the AI to a point where a player-controlled player may get hit 3 or 4 times and still not get a foul call, while an AI-controlled player gets a foul called for being breathed on.
* During MyCareer, bigs on your team who rebound the ball will hold it to prevent a fast break.
* Collision detection is bad; sometimes, for no reason, you getting sucked into a collision with a player even though you're not trying to go towards them.
Basically, this is a roster update, and one that costs 30USD. Save your money, go play NBA 2k12 instead.