Simply put, the best cricket game of this generation (and the previous one combined).
You need a gamepad (preferably an Xbox 360 controller) to play the game on your PC due to the nature of the controls. You need an analog stick to accuractely place your shots. A keyboard just will NOT work.
Once you get hang of the controls, ball physics and other awesome mechanics of this game, you will truly fall in love with it.
There are definitely issues with a few jerky animations here and there and a little boring and monotonous commentary, the great gameplay easily makes up for these issues.
- Great gameplay for a Cricket game, easily the best of this and the last generation combined.
- Detailed controls. Easy enough to start hitting boundaries and sixers but really hard to master.
- Great replays, DRS (Decision Review System), ball mechanics and other fun stuff including lots and lots of statistics.
- Online Multiplayer mode with the ability to save games to continue later (You can play full Test matches with your friends).
- Lots and lots of very realistic looking players and and team uniforms.
- Many game modes including a Career mode, tournaments, competitions and casual play.
- Great comfortable camera angles to choose from.
- Did I say you can field manually?
- Full ability to make changes to teams and players through the Don Bradman Academy. Now play your favorite historical cricket players!
- The most realistic and fun cricket game for many years now.
- Steep learning curve.
- Could do with a field mini-map during balling and batting.
- Decent graphics and audio (excluding commentary).
- Requires an Xbox 360 controller for Windows.
- Not a great teacher for those new to Cricketing rules etc. (Not an issue for cricket lovers)
- Twitchy animations sometimes.
- Due to the complex nature of the game, there are some bugs and issues which should hopefully be ironed out quickly. As of this review, such issues are few and dont really bother too much.
- Commentary can get boring fast.
- Lack of "Voice Chat / Typing Chat" during multiplayer matches. You have to use Steam, TeamSpeak, etc. for it.
If you are a cricket lover and own a gamepad to play this with, get Don Bradman Cricket 14 now! And if you don't own a gamepad, still get this game and buy an Xbox 360 controller ASAP!
Now I am done selling this, go and get it!
Edit: Made a few changes to the Pros and Cons list.