Review as follows
: Simple version up top, detailed on "read more". Note: I have played this game for well over 2,000+ hours over the years, and long before it was released on steam; how I ever racked up that many hours I will never know, but the game is not worth even 1 hour of your playtime.The good
- A classic 2D action platformer
- Many character classes
- Many areas to explore
- Character classes are horribly balanced
- Classes do not particularly stand out from each other (their niche's all blur together now)
- There is a huge problem with botters and hackers (people using cheats)
- Traveling is a serious pain, and they draw it out ALOT to make you want to spend $$ money to make it easier.
- Items purchased with $$ have a time limit (usually 90 days)
- The game is so horribly coded it takes approx 2+ minutes to start even on high end computers
- it will often take several attempts to start the game in order to start up properly (you will be getting lots of errors)
- The game crashes FREQUENTLY you could be playing for 5 minutes and it will crash so hard you must force shut down your computer
- The game servers frequently need extended maintanence (often emergency maintenece; occurs several times a week)
- They force you to pay $$ real cash to have or upgrade abilities your character should have to begin with (such as the ability to hit criticals with magic attacks; which is INVALUABLE)
- They make quests and grinding require so much travel you are essentially forced to purchase teleport rocks or other timesavers
- Dying is exceptionally easy at higher levels, even the best gear can get you killed in as little as 5 hits (which you can get hit about every second), if you want to avoid the 10% exp loss you have to buy consumable "charms" to negate the 10% exp loss (which is many hours of work at higher levels).
- Looting is atrocious (essentially requires spending $$ to get pets and items to have them loot for you.
- They create artifical demand
On to the detailed and truely abominable things that make this game horrendous, almost beyond words. Fundamentally flawed
The simple act of looting is to push the "loot" button which is both "Z" and the numpad 0. As you progress through the game the method for fighting "mobs" is at the bucket loads, you will be killing 4~12 monsters within every 5 seconds. Each monster drops 2~4 items which are money, a misc monster drop, a potion, and a "ticket fragment" of sorts to do a special instance run that is always dead (no one does them.). So for every item you want to pickup, you must push "Z" and you will find that you will quickly be pushing that key hundreds if not THOUSANDS of times every few minutes. And if you dont loot those items you make essentially no money. The entire economy is seriously inflated to begin with too. If you want looting to be convenient be prepared to shell out about $30~$40 every 90 days for a pet and its "gear" to make it run around to loot things for you.
You are forced to struggle with inventory space. At first you may think that you have plenty of space, but you quickly find out that the "Use" items and "misc" tabs will quickly be overlowing from NECESSARY items (the several hundred or THOUSAND potions you will be carrying, and have to replace every few hours or so). while the ETC slot will be filled with quest items, materials for crafting, and of course the hoards of monster drops you will be picking up (which usually only stack up to 200).
Items you buy with $$ are NOT account-wide. They use a nonsense "cash inventory" system which is only shared with other characters of the same class (except in some rare caes like the "adventurer" series of classes or the "cygnus knights." However after the addition of the resistance they have their own shared cash inventory as well. You may think that is good enough but it IS NOT! because there are 2x of all that combined in classes that have a cash inventory shared only with other characters of the same class (which is POINTLESS because then you would be leveling up the exact same thing all over again; as each class only has 1 build, a special exception is made few 2 or 3 classes which can be either 1 element or another). Please note I am not talking about how a magician splits off into ice/lightning or fire/poison, I am referring to how a single class with a single skillset can have skills you wont want to invest in because they have no real part in the only effective way to create your character; which can be ever so important as there are skills in future advancements that require some certain skills to be Maxed.).
They purposefully make things that should be everyday and easy access functions, exceedingly hard. For example, if you want to sell ANYTHING to ANY players, you want to go to the "free market" with about 50 other people, all spamming trying to sell things. If you want to sell ANYTHING as easily as it should be, you have to spend about ~$5 to buy a shop that your character has to man (lasts 90 days) just to sell things, which is horrendous in itself because you cant play the game, and it has a tendency to CRASH FREQUENTLY
, and so hard you will have to FORCE SHUTDOWN YOUR PC!
. So if you want to sell things as effectively as it should be, you have to spend $10 USD+ just to setup a store that will sell things for you (you set prices), and those can last 1 day to 7 days (getting more expensive for longer, up to $30 USD.) Character balancing is pitiful
They come out with new character classes OFTEN! I swear, whenever you start getting your character to a high enough level to be happy with it, they release something that will outclass you in EVERY WAY! and you will essentially be forced to play that newest class since the monsters only get stronger to keep competing with the newest classes. And dont expect your old class to get revamped any time soon! it took them well over 3 years just to update the adventurers ONCE. and over a year for most anything else. In some cases the skillsets even change so completely you wont even recognize what to put your skill points into! but it gets WORSE!
because if you make a mistake you will have to spend the $5+ USD to reset your points and hope you get it right the next time. It used to be that you had to spend about that much to reset a SINGLE POINT! and most skills require 20 or 30, im sure you can see how atrocious that is (the complete reset is only a new addition too, if you wanted reset you had to wait until they revamp your class again, because customer service WILL NOT HELP YOU!
Customer service from Nexon is essentially non-existant, in fact, 99% of any and all messages you will get from them are automated. And no matter how large or small your problem is, nothing will be done. Your account getting hacked, or a broken quest (some havent been fixed for 2+ years), maybe even missing items/progress from a rollback, you will not get any help.
There is no acceptable passive regen's (% or fixed numbers) for being in or out of combat, the only class that had one (the Jett) was removed with their revamp. So of course you must rely on potions ENTIRELY for you healing (unless you are a healer of sorts). The only passive regen you do have is 10hp for standing still for 10 seconds, and at higher levels (something you quickly reach) you have 7,000+ HP easy. while mana regen's at 3, which your mana is easily over 2,000 regardless of class (mages can go up to 30,000).
There are countless more horrible things I can tell you about, but i feel I have made my point, and I beleive this is enough reasons why this game is among the things you should never play. Comments and likes are greatly appreciated! lets get the word out on why this is an awful game!