Ive put alot of playtime in this game so ive been around sins...almost the release of the game and i can say for sertain:
NOT WORTH IT IN ITS CURRENT STATE!!
Wait for a grand patch to come(the so-called 2.0 patch) about to fix the tons of faults it currently have.
Game havent been updated in like 9-10 months.
Even though that last patch(the begining of this year..) braught more damage than good, they still dident patch it, instead they have given us the excuse that they are redesigning the game compleatly!
Which is fine and all but that redesign have let the game sit and rot for way to long with glitches and faults making the game very irritating to play for more than 15 min.
Especially if you play as a human as they are at the short end of the barrel and have most of the glitches.
The majority of the maps are as of now designed to give dinosaurs the advantage. Something they really doesnt need.
There is only one map that is fair to both sides, and one that is better for human players. All the rest...dinosaur heaven.
Game is alright if your only desire is to play a dino. But you will eventually get switched to the human side
And what can you expect there you may say?!
1. T-rex unkillable. Just let it eat you unless your close to a house.
2. raptors overuse their secondary attack which is pounce. Pounce can not be escaped unless raptor is low on stamina or is damaged. You will be pounced constantly as this is the only thing raptor players ever do.
3. Super speed grabed by the birds..yes. its ridiculous fast. Your teamates cant react in time to even try save you.
4. Shooting these two in the face as they attack you often does not interupt their grab/pounce. Something IT SHOULD DO!
5. Sometimes when your beeing bitten/clawed at, your reloading is interupted... Leaving you defenseless.
6. Trapper gun sometimes shoot a phantom/ghost nett instead of the real one. Causing you to hit the fire button again to trigger reload, but instead actually shooting your real net at nothing, wasting it.
7. Dinos will gladly sneak around health boxes. When you do it as a human to the dinos Health box you instantly get: STOP FOOD CAMPING "&"%¤!!
8. The Commandos granade have to hit dead on to kill a smal dino. and sometimes it does nothing at all. Even on a direct hit!
I remember the glorious days when you just had to hit at its feet to kill it Q_Q so Glorious!
7. all forrest like maps got health and ammo crates far from eachother! usually.
8. So much downtime as a human. you will find yourself short of ammo constantly.
Dinos of course doesnt have this issue, as all of them have fast regenerating stamina which only is drained on running and jumping sadly(and pouncing and grabbing for raptor and bird). So really. they have no downtime to speak off.
But yes. Game can be fun if you only play as a dino, though that isent fair to the one whos forced to play a human in your place.
But in the end i cant recommend this game.
Not in its current state.
When patch 2.0 FINALY hits...then maybe.
But not as of now.