Alright, so, here's gonna be a bit of my say in things about this game;
+ Updated Textures, Enemies, and Weapons (OBVIOUSLY!)
+ Pretty good lighting and effects
+ Decent multiplayer
+Really fun Co-Op game.
- The game is short and can be beaten in a few hours
- Silly challenges that are fun, but get boring after one play through.
- All the extra missions and such are DLC (I say they should've threw a bit of them in.)
- Motion blur will make you want to throw up... Or maybe that's just me.... Just me? Okay.
- Playing solo isn't fun. Get a friend.
- Ammo. You need more.
In my opinion, the game is fun, it really is, but there isn't enough things to to after the story unless you're willing to have this game milk you for a bit more money. I understand they're a company trying to make a good game, but there honestly isn't enough to say appart from "It's okay." I'm not saying the DLC is bad, but they should've put some of it with the game.... Or atleast add more to the campaign like the levels from the original Painkiller, hell, I'd even say add Painkiller: Overdose maps if it meant the game would be longer.
So, what would I give it if I had to choose? 6.5/10
So, should you buy it?... I honestly think that's up to you, if you plan to get the game and DLC, go ahead, more power to you, but if you just want the game alone, I'll also say go for it.... But you might want to get it on sale so it doesn't seem like a complete rip-off.