Now that I've actually beaten the game, I feel the need to write a new, more detailed recommendation. To go along with this game of many bullets, bullet points!
- 3 different ways of firing, each with an alternate function when charged, creating VASTLY more strategy and allowing for way more technique than your average "just keep the fire button held down" shmup
- Beautiful, crisp and refined polygons; 3D graphics for a 2D shmup is pretty uncommon
- Well-drawn character portraits and nice character design
- Cool looking ships
- Surprisingly good dialogue
- Good music and atmosphere
- Actually has a story worth your attention, but also allows for skipping and turning off outright
- You can turn on hitboxes being visible for the enemies and your shots
- Good progression
- There are parts that are on-rails with a lock-on cursor and parts where the angles change
- Boss rush mode and extras
- As to be expected of a bullet hell shmup, it is challenging
- 60 FPS, no load times and responsive menus
This is a shmup that actually tries to innovate and set the bar higher for its genre. This is probably my new favorite shoot-em-up. Seriously, more people should play this game. There is a demo on Steam. I strongly urge you to play it.