Review Score: -6.75/10- As of Nov. 21, 2014. 'Simple n' quick to play, Very Challenging, Complex Tower Defense.'
Summary: The game is easy to pick up, but as soon as you hit mission 2, things become very hard. This is the make-or-break it point of the game it seems. Because of it's startling difficulty it usually steers people away at this point. Why? Because unlike a standard Tower Defense game, it's not only about how well you build your defenses (To prevent enemy from gaining battle points) but also how well you form your assaulting force (To gain battle points). Once you get this idea, the game becomes pretty easy, and then turns into a true TD middle-to-late game(The end of the match).
- Easy and familiar mehcanics (of a TD game)
- Complex learning as time goes by.
- Fun and addicting - Easy to forget time.
- Very Challenging Campaign Mode.
- Very Challenging PVPs/Versus players.
- Co-Op works, and multi-co-op works.
- Sticks to familiar roots of a traditional Tower Defense, and ingeniusly making it complex, and hard.
- Hard learning curve at Mission 2.
- No Tutorials on how to "combo"
- No Tutorials on "Soldier to Tower ratio"
- Difficult to play past mission 3-4.
- Every second counts, and quick "Analyzing" required to deploy towers properly, due to Mines being randomly generated (Which forces different paths).
- Very rarely, but has happened twice to me; a randomly generated Mine will block an entire section out (Making that entire area useless to you/or out of range = Very bad start-up/random generation that will give you a disadvantage that entire match).
Ending Conclusion; This game is worth the play - Perhaps better if you waited for a sale. Despite these shortcomings; If you're looking for an Advanced Tower Defense game, this is exactly it. And if you're looking for a Co-Op Tower Defense, this game is still the game you're looking for. And if you're looking for a Tower Defense game that is harder than every other tower defense game.. This is still it. Because of those reasons I recommend this game - As no other game has proven worthy of the "Most challenging Tower Defense" Game as of yet, and this one holds true to it's core Tower Defense roots, whilst shoving out the "Easy to pick up, very hard to master" Kind of game.