Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
Galactic Civilizations is a space based strategy game in which you are in control of humanity's destiny. The year is 2178, the Terran Alliance has invented a new technology -- Hyperdrive. But the secret has leaked to the other civilizations starting a race for all the inhabitable worlds in the galaxy!
Release Date: Aug 14, 2012
View all 9 screenshots
Watch HD video
Buy Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition
Packages that include this game
“The A.I. in this game is capable of some remarkably human-like behavior.”
90/100 – Computer Gaming World
“An understated, thoughtful game that is highly replayable and continually challening - the sort of game that will still be on your hard drive when all the other games you are playing right now are gathering dust on a shelf. ”
90/100 – Computer Games Magazine
“GalCiv is easily the best 4X game right now and the best that we’ll see for years to come.”
88/100 – Firing Squad
About the GameGalactic Civilizations is a space based strategy game in which you are in control of humanity's destiny.
The year is 2178, the Terran Alliance has invented a new technology -- Hyperdrive. But the secret has leaked to the other civilizations starting a race for all the inhabitable worlds in the galaxy! As leader of United Earth, you must research new technologies, build an economy, create a powerful military force, all the while carefully balancing your political, diplomatic and trade skills.
Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition combines the award-winning Galactic Civilizations with the Altarian Prophecy expansion pack to create a stellar adventure.
- Replayability - Galactic Civilizations is readily playable by casual gamers and includes a powerful, sophisticated AI and game mechanics that make each gaming experience different and highly addictive.
- Immersive Storyline - Playing as the leader of humanity, you have a rich and deep heritage to lead the human race and become one of the principal species of the universe.
- Multiple, Balanced Paths to Victory - Achieve victory using military strength, economic might, or political power.
- The Metaverse - Gamers with a Stardock account can be part of the "metaverse," where victories, defeats and campaigns can be recorded, allowing players to share their gaming experience.
- A Map editor that allows players to design their own custom maps.
- A scenario editor that enables players to create specific game environments.
- A Campaign editor allows users to create a set of games that are linked together to tell a story.
- OS:Windows 8 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3
- Processor:600 MHz Processor
- Memory:128 MB RAM
- Graphics:8 MB DirectX 8.1 Compatible Video Card
- Hard Drive:700 MB HD space
- Sound:DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
- Processor:1 GHz Processor
- Memory:256 MB RAM
- Graphics:16 MB DirectX 8.1 Compatible Video Card
© Stardock Entertainment. All rights reserved. Galactic Civilizations is a trademark of Stardock Entertainment. All rights reserved.
41 products in account
0.5 hrs on record
Whilst i am not one for saying never play a game this is one that comes very very close. From the start far too much is given to you and a lack of useful tutorial leaves you feeling lost or even failing. Once you figure out what to do a majority of the fun is lost and game simply doesnt invite you to play.
i give this game 2/10
i give this game 2/10