With my previous experience with this game (and my current play after recent updates), it is hard to say whether or not I actually enjoyed it. What I liked was the customisability and open world feel to the game, with many different play options to explore.
However, after my terrible experience with paywalls a few years ago, I subsequently quit playing. Downloading it again to see what improvements had been made.
- The game is up to you how to play and explore.
- There are many different ways to customise your character.
- A devoted fanbase.
- Opportunity to waste many hours.
- Compatibility and anti-aliasing issues.
- It's an old game, so some textures look very low-res, whilst newer items/areas look far more detailed, which breaks the flow of the game, in my opinion.
- While the fanbase is devoted, the player base is much smaller than it was, leading to the world feeling barren and empty.
- The combat system takes a lot of getting used to, and often made me want to flip the table.
- Some story aspects seem forced to add content (race war, really?)
- Pop up windows, annoying and always at the worst times.
Overall, if you're new, you're a bit late to the party. Has Nexon quality (generally p2p and such). But if you can cope with the cons and somewhat annoying pop up windows, and playing mostly alone, then go for it!
[this review is my experience and opinion, debate it any way you see fit :)]