A lobby based space shooter.
1) Great space fighter with much more customization options than the rivals, through diverse module slot distribution and multiple types of weapons with interesting mechanics.
2) Almost perfect free to play model. The grind is not too much (though it's certainly there), and the ships you can buy with money are not strictly superior (though they are better in some ways, just like every ship has their own quirks).
3) Very nice gradual learning, you start with very few options, slower ships, only one game mode, and you ramp up the number of modules and modes you can use gradually through the tiers.
4) Developing competitive side. Observer system already in place, tournaments are held, teams are preparing well ahead.
5) Multiple game modes with their own interesting mechanics and multiple maps, some very imaginative.
1) Low population, and all that comes with this. Sometimes long Q times for some modes.
2) No skill based matchmaking, so everyone is thrown into the game as equals (except squads who have to be matched by an enemy squad), which sometimes lead to very unbalanced matches.
3) The game is not really dynamic compared to shooters like Freelancer or even Moon Breakers, if you fly anything other than an interceptor than you usually strafe behind cover more than you dogfight, which is fine for frigates but a bit weird for a fighter.
4) Somewhat lacking balance, one shiptree (graph) (Jericho) is considered strictly inferior in most areas to the others. Hopefully will be patched, and anyone can play anything anyways, it's not restricted, players don't belong to a side.
All in all, a very enjoyable space shooter, even if somewhat grindy, but if you enjoy your game, you won't notice it at all.