I'm not really into retro-gaming, nor into point'n'click games, but I decided to give a try to Resonance and I must say it was a nice surprise! The lo-res style can be a turn off, but if you get pass the initial knee-jerk reaction, you'll enjoy a fun and smart game with good puzzles. A little bit too short but I enjoyed evey bit of it.
- the short term memory system is interesting and adds more options than just exploring dialogues lines.
- the voice acting is very good, and the dialogues are well written, with a good dose of irony/humour.
- the puzzles are challenging and sometimes forces the player to resort to the pen & paper bloc (old school gaming!).
- there are many small details that makes the game re-playable
- the game engine is not playing nicely with wide (16:9) screens, and also doesn't support dual screens and screws up all the windows positions... The first time you launch the game can be a shock.
- there are a few goofs like Reggie giving his SIM card to Ray and then asking to call him
and some - small - parts of the story which don't really come together.