Intro & Summary
A short, fun, clunky robotic romp through an underground world of tunnels. Built in the Unreal Dev Kit, it looks fantastic and is let down only by its short length. Billed as a puzzler, it's more about exploration, but happens to tie its universe together by letting you interact with different new discoveries, which happen to include many puzzles elements.
In any other game, lack of lore, history or story would be a let down, but they help add charm to Unmechanical. It never pretends to be anything more than a short fun exploration of a cool, atmospheric world.
* Fantastic use of the Unreal Engine, lighting and the great looking 2.5D elements add tone and depth
* Pleasant simplicity and a well designed little robot, almost relaxing at times, without being boring
* It's common to not know what the game wants you to do next, or how to progress
* Some people will be disappointed by a short playtime and an abrupt ending
Unmechanical is £6.99/8.99€/$9.99 on Steam and has a short playtime of around 3 hours and very little reason to play through more than once. If getting more for your money is important to you, wait for a sale, where it goes up to -90% and is a bargain for a buck.
* Built using Unreal Dev Kit, you can access all the usual Unreal options using the console using the tilde key ~
* Unmechanical has two slightly different endings you might have missed https://youtu.be/nRcojdDiQr0?t=224http://store.steampowered.com/app/211180