I get where they are coming from when it comes to trying to make an arena based strategy game.
If you like pulling apart arena games and enjoy trying new ones now and then. (Yikes I know you have invested so much time learning the current ones).
On the plus side after playing with the settings I was able to try this game I grabbed in a sale some time ago for 99c.
What I liked:
* Control over the entire battlefield
* Ability to mix and match units when you need to.
* Upgrading to your unit strategy. Though the towers lend themselves to only a few winning strats.
What I was not so keen on:
* Farming power ups and XP on the sides took away some of the promise of "Fast Paced" promise.
* Generator concusion blast is too strong. Something that does less damage would be fine, or at least draw out the concussion line around the base so defenses can be set accordingly.
* Unit roles are not diverse enough to stop what would inevitably be a battle of attrition. (Whoever upgrades the Destroyers first will take out the turrets and eventually win)
* No creeps do make the game seem "Quiet" now and then unless you are taking the action to the other player.