In this game, you play as a group of protagonists – Mr. Lantern, Mrs. Mushroom, Mr. Poppyhead, Mr. Twig, and Mr. Feather – who are trying to save their home from the spider attacks that plague it. To save your home, you must solve puzzle after puzzle, most of which are easy. I did get stuck once, though that may have been because it was getting late and I’d already been playing for a while. I picked it up the next morning and instantly figured it out.
- This game is truly beautiful. The art style is unique, the soundtrack is incredible, and the five playable characters have so much personality without actually saying a word.
- I love how interactive this game is. Random bugs, plants, etc. can be clicked on and most give you achievements.
- The storyline is well developed, as are the minor characters. This game is filled with little whimsical moments involving the littlest things – a spider hiding behind a leaf, eggs hatching.
- Pretty sure I sat at my desk with this amazed expression on my face the whole time (the soundtrack gets to you, man!).
- While I played through this twice (once for story, once for achievements – I’m not posting a review of anything until I 100% it), there is very little in the replay value aspect. Keep in mind if you play this that you should really pay attention and experience the story the first playthrough, because it won’t be the same the next time.
- The puzzles are very easy, which would make this a great game for younger children, but might become a bit boring for those who like a challenge.