As a seasoned player of this game, I would recommend it as a 7/10, but it is definitely not without flaws. I'll list the pros, cons and debatable features from my experience so you can decide if you think you'll enjoy it as much as I did!
- 4 Player splitscreen, a rarity on PC. I spent most of my time playing this mode.
- Simple and yet brilliantly original car damage/pit stop system
- Good variety of tracks with different routes
- Car class system lets you pick the speed you want to race at
- Plenty of unlockable car liveries
- Each racing class has a car that is strongest at something different (one for handling, one top speed etc.)
- 8 cars on track is refreshing as lots of arcade racers only have 4
- Computer controlled cars rely on "rubber banding" (If they drop too far behind they will go irrationally fast to catch you, but the same works in your favour if you fall behind)
- Compatability issues, there is no guarantee this game will work on your system, I have encountered problems with it myself
- The single player is a quite short, and once completed time trials, single races and split screen are the only other things to do
- No online multiplayer, one of the game's biggest disappointments
- No Steam workshop or modding facilities, creating your own liveries and tracks would extend the life of this game significantly
- The price is a little over the top for me, for such an inflexible game
- No Mario Kart copying pickups/powerups, one of the biggest pros of the game for me!
- Shortcuts on tracks which you'll do well to remember the positions of, but other cars will frequently utilize
- Time delayed explosive barrels, and oil barrels can be used for your benefit or doom