it's a 4X turn based strategy (eg: civ5) in fantasy world, with :
+ nice concepts & game mechanics, quite complex.
+ lots of magics, items, & monsters variation.
+ several races, worlds, heroes, gods that affect gameplay.
+ random generated campaign with (random) quests.
+ ok graphics, nice musics.
it's not a recommend game if you can't handle these problems :
- the another player AI is very weak. (monster AI is ok)
- diplomacy is a joke and have abuse-able bug.
- sometime user interface glitch (eg. overlapping pop-up info) occurs.
- no encyclopedia, not info-friendly at certain condition.
- game engine not optimized.
- left-click to move ... =_=
some small tips :
~ to learn the game, play the 'sandbox' mode.
the game will be easy, you'll mostly fight some idiot player AI. :p
~ to enjoy the game, play the 'exiled' mode. it's a campaign,
you'll mostly fight monsters that gradually stronger the further you progress.
~ elven village in early game (as a perk) could be too powerful.