This is the most beautiful game of the BIT.TRIP series in terms of music and graphical style. I probably sunk the most hours into this one of all the BIT.TRIP games, and I still listen to the soundtrack very often. And that ending, it still moves me to tears sometimes.
Here's all you need to know about this stunningly bad port:
- Lag causes beats to go through the paddle.
- Timing bugs make powerups run out too early, causing challenge segments to be impossible.
- The gorgeous backgrounds are barely visible due to lighting errors.
- Vsync causes input lag that you cannot avoid unless you run the game in windowed mode. (Unless you disable the FPS cap in the ini file, which creates even more timing issues.)
- Glitch still present from the WiiWare releases allows you to glitch perfects with great ease.
- The studio who did this port made a patch, but they are done working on this game and the patch has not been posted to Steam for an unknown reason.
Basically, if your computer is not strong enough to run a Wii emulator at persistent 60 FPS (Which is basically what this port is) you're gonna have game-breaking problems.
BIT.TRIP FLUX is a perfect game, and one of the most memorable rhythm games I've ever played. 10/10. But if you want to play it, either get it on WiiWare, get BIT.TRIP COMPLETE for Wii, get BIT.TRIP SAGA on the 3DS e-shop (it's cheap!), but don't bother with this crummy port. It's sad for all the wrong reasons.