Daha fazlasını oku
18 Aralık 2013
Now that Infested Planet is in the polish stage, patches will contain a ton of small changes. For example, this patch has a billion different tweaks and fixes to missions and mechanics. Most effort went into polishing the missions in the middle of the campaign.
There are actually quite a few major changes that didn't make it into the patch, since they weren't ready yet. Get ready for the next patch - it'll have some major gameplay modifications.
OS X Version
Infested Planet now works on the OS X version of Steam. Please let me know if it works for you and whether you run into any issues.
- Mine fields explode aliens without marine help
- Mine fields don't use ammo any more
- Increased marine spawning cost by 1
- Helidrop buff: 10 sec of shield (up from 5) and -30% respawn time
- Marines out of battle for a long time don't die from poison
- Made infested marines more vulnerable to siege cannon
- Siege cannon doesn't use ammo any more
- Made all marines more vulnerable to concussion damage (mines + grenades)
- Increased flamer armour
- Made barriers vulnerable to rocket damage
- Made rockets be fired even if barrier is in way
- Completely reworked mimics - no more clones from those aliens
- Mimics are now "Enraged" - fast kamikadze aliens
- Slowed down clones
- Reworked "Contact" mission
- Reworked "Preparations" mission
- Altered "The Return" and "Night and Day" to be easier
- Revamped the way weapon purchase and recycle work (only 1 at a time now)
- Bumped up the infested structure respawn time
- Numerous tweaks to early campaign missions
- Added esc-closing of build menus
- Extended respawn period for infested structures
- Made hive respawning and upgrades take longer
- Made hives not respawn on top of marines
- Made barrier mutation not trigger for vulnerable hives
- Changed guardian colour to be more distinctive
- Added bleed graphics effects to guardians
- Added cheat code to unlock all campaign missions
- Made towers randomly 100% vulnerable to scout and siege
- Made hp circle colours for marines and humans distinct
- Extended shield generator shield duration
- Mortars start firing immediately now after construction
- Increased flamer knockback
- Upped starting BP in "The Return" mission
- Moved some campaign shop items earlier up to tease the player
- Swapped mines and mortars in the campaign
- Fixed crash bug with pathing outside of the map
- Fixed scaling for static mimic aliens
- Fixed audio glitches when shielded marine is under attack
- Fixed loading narratives being cut off on some resolutions
Daha fazlasını oku
3 Aralık 2013
Infested Planet is officially code complete! Everything that I wanted to have in the game when the beta started is here. Even better, there's a few months left where I can focus on adding extras and polish.
You can now show off your Infested Planet skill to your friends with Steam achievements! For those of you who beat Terminus mode, you now have proof that you did. There are also achievements for beating campaign missions, extra mission goals and beating some mutations.
When you log into a profile and go to the campaign screen, you should get achievements retroactively for completed missions.
New Campaign Screen
Several months ago, one of the artists who did the Dawn of War II planetscapes made a new campaign background for Infested Planet. In this patch, I finally had the time to put it into the game.
The campaign screen has been revamped to be more intuitive and attractive. You can see all of your campaign missions at a glance, their progression and status. As an added bonus, the planet background changes as you play through the campaign.
- Added terminus difficulty raid mode
- Tweaked campaign structure (may break saves!)
- Finished hatchery level skin and applied it to campaign levels
- Added commas to raid mode messages
- Added compatibility mode to graphics (for Intel cards)
- Made spore mines not capture points
- Added check for insufficient desktop bit depth on init
- Added pause if Steam overlay is on
- Added fast capture for last point in "Memento Mori" mission
- Fixed grammar mistake in endgame slideshow
- Fixed typo in monochrome shader