+ Movie-quality cutscenes, the strongest part of a game
+ Good story
+ Robot destruction system: destroy robot's arm — it will take gun in another arm, destroy one leg — it will jump on other, destroy both legs — it will crawl to you, destroy head — it will start shooting other robots, armor plates are falling apart etc...
+ Characters and relationships between them
+ Game world, it's not very good quality, but it's believable
+ Small gameplay changing moments like operating a crane or sliding down the dam wall
+ Upgrades, it's fun to buy them...
- Upgrades, they almost don't do any difference and all are just stats improvements, no gameplay change
- Graphics, not really bad but certainly not good
- Repetitive gameplay (shooting part)
- Weapons, they all feel the same, boring
- Voice recognition system that simply does not work
- Without voice recognition it's hard to choose an answer to your teammate because the responds available to you are not contextual ("Damn!" "Sure!" to any question...)
- Controlling your team makes no difference too, only the basic command like "Fire!" or "Hold Position" are available and most of the levels have no place for tactics
- Controls, I got used to it but some people say they are really bad
- Optimisation, I had to play with my mic turned off at all, otherwise the resolution is screwed up
This should be the movie really. The game itself has almost nothing new: run, take cover, shoot. The gameplay is pretty repetitive but not boring, it has some good ideas, nothing revolutionary though. But the cutscenes are simply masterpiece! When you watch them you almost forget that this is a game, it's really like a movie. The story is very good, the characters are all cliche but interesting, plus this game has some pretty cool boss fights. Basically this is one of those games where everything says that this is just another cheap-quality cover-shooter with bad controls, BUT you nonetheless like it. I really liked how story develops, how levels are changing, the relationships beetween charachters, the boss fights... I really wish this game got a quality reboot. If you love robots/sci-fi, give it a try.