Civilization + Age of Wonders mash-up with magicks, mystical beasts and various races!
+Surprisingly well done round based strategy game with interesting races and ressources
+ Level up your troops with important skills! Build smithies and supply your troops with weaponry and armor upgrades!
+ Hire heroes, equip them with weapons/armor/wands depending on their class to pimp their combat/spell-capabilities!
+ Research and cast awesome spells reminiscient of Age of Wonders that greatly impact combat and economics!
+ Modify map tiles to change their bonus ressource output, sink islands to drown troops or create hills to give combat benefits!
+ Races all have greatly differing play styles!
+ Pick a Lord(Avatar) and personalize your starting spells and skills!
+ Multiple planes of existence work seamlessly!
+ Finish little quests to boost your finances, defeat "barbarian"-style beasts and loot their lairs for XP and artifacts!
+ Multi-Player has bots!
- No Single-Player Campaign! Only "Skirmish"-esque maps with default bots for solo play!
- Gameplay will get repetetive after 3 rounds
- Multi-Player is not simultaneous, you have to wait for others to finish their turn before you can act...
- Races are not equally newbeginner-friendly
- Tech trees not available ingame, google for them/ninja them from the game's webpage
- A lot of content splintered over DLC in an attempt to make the Ultimate Edition more attractive
- "Barbarians" spawning in regularly can become a nuisance later...
DLC WORTH THE CASH?
Only if you can get the Ultimate Edition cheap, the items and Elf race are worth it to enhance the experience!
Recommended purchase if at 10-15 bucks, improve replayability with DLC and multi-player!