This game is a nice throwback to Space Invaders in a few areas, but overall I wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone at its price for the following reasons.
- Smart Bombs keep rising in price throughout the game. This wouldn’t be an issue if it weren’t for...
- ...The fact that Smart Bombs are hard to come by in the rounds, and a good deal of rounds are along the lines of “burn smart bombs or die” kind, making this worse!
- Carpel tunnel is going to be an issue. Weapons do not fire rapidly unless you continue to tap the button, and secondary weapons do not proc unless you tap. It gets annoy fast.
- Capturing Titans...this is annoying, especially with the first point. If you shot them, nothing happens. If you capture them you get money. Fail to do so, and you lose cash equal to what you would have earned. You could easily find yourself in a bind where you’ll end up debating if losing the cash is worth it, or if you should risk having lives eaten into trying to save a bit more cash for smart bombs.
- Barely any mercy invincibility is the worse offender. All too easily you can lose a full stock of shields in under five seconds, ESPECIALLY in later levels.
Overall, I’d say skip it unless its in a bundle or on sale for no less than 50%. Otherwise keep away. Keep FAR away.
Also I bet it in 115 minutes, a bit under two hours. So if that’s too short for 100 waves, that’s another reason to wait for a sale.