I'm not really a big fan of MOBAs. I've played a bit of DOTA 2 and didn't really get into it that much. And then I saw my friend play this Magicka: Wizard wars game. I asked him if it was worth getting and he said "er mah gerd its amaze skrub errrrr". So I went and downloaded it, and really got into it.
I love this game and the idea of having 8 spells and coming up with different combinations to kill enemies and heal team-mates. It currently has 3 game modes (actually 4 if you included the training arena) and there is only one that I'm good at. :s
In fact I generally am really terrible at this game, but it doesn't stop me from playing. Other games like COD: AW I'm OK at, but I hate playing it. This game has such a good replay value and is getting updated frequently.
The main menu has a few options. Here they are...
- Gear - You're inventory where you have staffs, robes etc.
- Magics - This is where you decide you're 4 magic abilities to take into the arena.
- Mastery - A big tree where you buy stuff for you're gear. You buy them with Mastery coins and you get them in matches.
- Crafting - It's just a teaser at the moment
- Shop - Obvious what this is. You get coins from matches and use them to buy stuff in the shop.
- Treasure - Once every 24 hours you get a chest holding 1 free item. You can increase the rarity of the item by winning games. The more games you win, the higher up you go on the rarity scale, giving you a better item. You can also earn keys to unlock chests instantly, but this is very rare.
There is a lot more included in this game, and I've heard its one of the best free MOBAs out there.
So, i'm giving it a 9/10