Don't buy, bad game, waste of money.
Earth 2140 was solid RTS game, Earth 2150 (TMP/LS) was very good one. Earth 2160 is awful. I'm big fan of the series, but honestly, I can't say many good things about Earth 2160.
+ return of infantry units
+ experience is gained by pilots rather than vehicles
- balance (Morphid air fleet is virtually indestructible)
- cliched story (in E2140/E2150 story didn't actually matter, in E2160 we get mix of all sci-fi movie themes you can imagine)
- pitiful voice acting (actors don't even pretend to try)
- missions ("good old" objectives like "get from point A to point B" or "gather resources and wipe enemy base(s)")
- "improvments" to good ideas from E2150 (research tree now fits into one screen, too bad it looks as if someone barfed on the screen, different armour types introduce mess and confusion rather than diversity)
- soundtrack (it isn't bad actually, but there are very few tracks that are faction exclusive, it's huge step backwards compared to Earth 2150)
- activation (it kind of made sense when game was released, but now it's just ridiculous, on the other hand - LC campaign is broken and, as far as I remember, multiplayer servers are down, so going through activation process is pointless)
- AI (I was playing last mission in ED campaign on hardest difficulty and I was surprised how AI was "sending small groups of units to certain death", in the same mission AI ground units were getting stuck over and over in narrow valley)