This is one of the worst puzzle games I’ve ever played. I don’t even know where to start.
So the object of the game is to wait for some colored dots to spawn, then click on a variety of stationary tools to get them to fly into receptor objects. Sometimes the dots will fly wildly all over the screen until you activate magnets to suck them up. Other times they will break or decay and need to re-spawn. Yet other times they don’t respawn, so if you mess up the puzzle you need to start all over. There are a few good ideas, but what game doesn’t have a few good ideas? Here, it’s completely destroyed by a large number of issues:
* Non-deterministic physics. When I first played the game, the introductory level told me to “just watch.” Then physics glitched out and two particles collided when they should not have, breaking the level and leaving me staring at the screen until I realized I had to restart. Things didn’t get much better from there.
* Most of the puzzles don’t involve planning, but having highly precise aim and timing. This is “I know what I need to do, but it’s taking me two hundred tries to do it: the game”
* Solved the puzzle? – Great, now you have to do it again. Four times. For some reason, clearing most stages requires you to repeat the exact same actions several times in a row, usually four times, sometimes more. All the while, the physics could glitch out at any time and require a restart.
* The only texture in the game is the space background. White textureless models are hard on the eyes and make it difficult to distinguish between different objects.
* Twitch-reaction solutions are very frustrating when they require quickly clicking on multiple tiny objects.
* Camera controls are a joke; the camera and the game can’t be controlled at the same time, and it resets at the beginning of every level.
* The only music is a few 12-second ambient loops. Sounds are unremarkable. (The voice-overs for the tutorials were decent, though)
* It is impossible to play this game in full-screen if you have multiple monitors, it will crash instantly. You need to edit a config file just to let it run.
In short, this game is irritating, obtuse, unrewarding, glitchy, and visually awful.
On the bright side, I got all of the achievements in under 5 hours… so if you’re an achievement hunter, go for it, just don’t expect to have much fun.