Embark on a journey with a group of villagers in search of a new part of the island to populate. Land on the hidden shores of the northern side of Isola and explore what was once a secret city. Find new sources of food to nourish your villagers and help them rebuild the remains of this mysterious city. Who lived here before?
Release Date: May 28, 2008
Buy Virtual Villagers - The Secret City
Packages that include this game
About the Game
Embark on a journey with a group of villagers in search of a new part of the island to populate. Land on the hidden shores of the northern side of Isola and explore what was once a secret city. Find new sources of food to nourish your villagers and help them rebuild the remains of this mysterious city. Who lived here before? Where have they gone? What is the secret of Isola?
- Real-Time Weather! Clouds, fog and sudden down pours drenching your tribe.
- Real-Time Gameplay: new surprises every time you turn the game on!
- Discover who among your tribe is destined to become Chief!
- Investigate and rebuild the remains of a ruined city!
- Find new sources of food for your villagers!
- Help your villagers make a variety of unique potions from hidden herbs, many with unpredictable effects.
- Dozens of new collectibles for children to retrieve.
- Raise children who resemble their parents.
- Watch your villagers thrive, and then grow old, slow and grey.
- Help your villagers unravel the mysteries of Isola!
- OS: 2000, XP or Vista
- Processor: 700 MHz
- Memory: 256 MB
- DirectX Version: 7.0 or better
- Hard Drive: 50MB
3 of 5 people (60%) found this review helpful
59 products in account
22.7 hrs on record
Everyone dies too quickly and I find its difficult to really progress without following a very specific formula. Takes micro managing to the extreme, as food sources can completely vanish and leave you with an elder and two children to run the entire village. I remember it being more fun as a child, but possibly because it was only played in five minute increments. The fact that it can't be paused and runs even while closed is another bad point. Leave the game alone for a day, and you come back to a dead village.
2 of 7 people (29%) found this review helpful
67 products in account
43 products in account
37.0 hrs on record
These games can get a little addicting, but you definitely need a lot of tips online to continue it in some parts, most things are well hidden and are confusing at best so I found I needed quite a bit of help. Good game but not my favorite in the genre.
4 of 4 people (100%) found this review helpful