THE Silent Hunter game and the last one you didn't have to activly fight with bugs more so than the enemy Destroyers.
Still, it aged a bit but for that we have the community. There are two essencial modifications that you need for this game to look and play up to spec:
- The total overhaul, get the torrent - http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/
- The resolution mod (you will need to register or bug me about the file) - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1092
The second one is a bit tricky to use but it's worth it:
1. First follow the readme to activate and configuring it.
2. Unfortunatly there is a bug that comes with this modification and results in you accidently firing your torpedoes, to 'fix it' you will have to follow the instructions here - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1517282&postcount=6
- this is basically a tradeoff where the 'fire torpedo' buttons are disabled in-game but you are still able to use your keyboard - leaving 'Ctrl+Enter' (in GWX) or 'Enter' in Stock SH3 to release your fish.
3. The game crashes for me if I try launching it through Steam with the resolution mod, but works if I go through the launch exe in the game's folder. Be advised.