Have you ever thought "I really like RTS games, but jeez, I really wish I could find one where my units have absolutely no sense of self-preservation, unimaginably bad pathfinding, and need to be micromanaged so hard I'll be able to mention this game when I apply for babysitting jobs"?
Well, Darwinia is the game for you!
With amazing features, like
- Units that, when selected, don't attack enemies!
- The inability to select multiple units!
- Not using the right mouse button at all!
- Resource gathering units that will straight-up run into patches of enemies!
- Units that, when given a move command, will go to that point in a straight line and STOP if they run into any obstacle!
--- Hope you like hunting around the map for those reinforcements that should have been here already!
--- Is that enemy at the top of a mountain? Sorry!
- Units with bizarre controls, like:
--- Left click to select
--- Left click to move
--- Left click and hold to to special action 1
--- Left click and hold near the unit to do special action 2
------ Also, we define any click longer than 2 microseconds as a "Click and Hold"!
- A turret unit that you can deploy that requires 4 of your units to operate!
--- But once you put four units in there, you can't take them back out!
--- Or undeploy the turret!
--- Don't worry, though, because your units will randomly exit and reenter the turret every couple of seconds! Even during battle!
--- Also, you can't control where the turret fires! And it does damage to friendly units!
------ Did we mention resource gatherers will run straight at enemy groups without any regard for their life?
--- And, it's inexplicably easy for enemy units to kick your guys out and take control of the turret!
- Not to mention a research system that is basically just waiting!
Don't buy this game.