1. 7 classes with dynamic, purely skilled based combat...HOWEVER many classes are nerfed to the point of uselessness, so join the bandwagon classes or enjoy playing alone. Parties seek specific classes/will not play with specific certain classes so do your research first. Unbalanced class system. This applies to both PVP and PVE, but mostly to PVE. PVP is awesome and absolutely skill based, with equipment not so much [they nerf equipment to balance the playing field a little, better equipment is still advantageous].
2. Plenty of guilds/active player base... HOWEVER they're not the cream of the crop people, there are nice players but more than half the time you'll deal with immature ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s that devote a bit too much time [and real life money, with microtransactions reaching several hundred dollars] on this game. That being said, if you're looking for VERY active people to regularly play with, this is the right game.
3. Free to play entirely... HOWEVER the microtransactions does give VERY NICE boosts in-game. For example, end game you might have.. 800k HP. But with a $30 costume, you can have 900k HP without having to buy expensive gear. Costumes can also boost your movement speed [some classes are SLOW AS HELL], which is kind of nice. Some costumes are really cool, like robotic wings... or a dragon mount/pet... even fun things like a fluffy sheep.
4. Unbelievable amounts of grinding, there's no way to avoid this. You can buy powerlevels, have fun with that. Grinding for max level then for decent gear, because the bosses hit HARD and unless your skills can avoid the bills, keep farming that gear. Also when partying with people they won't even play with you if you have bad gear... so YOU BETTER GRIND.
5. Speaking of #3 and #4, microtransactions can be used to.. avoid grinding for money a bit. You can buy items with real life money, and sell in game for gold.
6. Noncombat skills available, just not purely combat oriented. HOWEVER ... 3 skills: cooking, fishing, farming. No one fishes/fishing is completely useless. Cooking is likewise the same and the ingredients for cooking are so weird/hard to obtain that it's not worth it [have to rely on RNG drop rates, not gathering]. Farms are overpacked/almost impossible to obtain farm spots unless you can acquire a few spots and obsessively watch over your spot so no one else takes it.
7. Great story lines.