Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
Grab a G-Lifter - your new best friend! Use it to change gravity at will, manipulate the environment, and throw huge crates at your enemies. Join the amazing exploits of astro-miner John Rochard and embark on a gravity-bending journey across the Solar System!
View all 10 screenshots
Watch all 2 trailers
Buy Rochard game and soundtrack
Downloadable Content For This Game
“Enjoy Rochard as it was intended, and let it bend your mind a bit. You won’t be sorry you did.”
85/100 – IGN.com
About the Game
Grab a G-Lifter - your new best friend! Use it to change gravity at will, manipulate the environment, and throw huge crates at your enemies.
Join the amazing exploits of astro-miner John Rochard and embark on a gravity-bending journey across the Solar System! Rochard is an award-winning side-scroller featuring hours of mind-blowing gravity gameplay, puzzle-solving and action. Narrated in a humorous cartoony style, Rochard tells a thrilling story of villains, a damsel in distress and a mysterious alien civilization.
- 5 long Chapters crammed with fast-paced platforming action and mind-bending puzzles based on gravity
- A beautifully crafted cartoonish visual style, rich with humor and personality
- Incredible items able to influence gravity and grab, swing and throw objects to solve puzzles or get rid of enemies
- A groovy soundtrack composed by Markus “Captain” Kaarlonen from Poets of the Fall, mixing southern rock/blues and 80′s inspired electronic music
- The legendary performance of Jon St. John as the voice of protagonist John Rochard
- The most advanced use of the Unity engine in a video game
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP SP2
- Processor: 2.6 GHz single core
- Memory: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
- Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: Integrated audio interface
- Additional: Notice that the game does not run on most of the integrated video cards such as Intel GMA. It also requires at least 256 MB of video memory to run smoothly.
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
- Video Card: GeForce 8 series, ATI Radeon HD2xxx
- DirectX®: 10.0
Mac System Requirements
- OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
- Processor: Intel Mac
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
- Video Card: OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB shared or dedicated RAM (ATI or NVIDIA)
- Required: Keyboard and Mouse with Secondary click enabled or gamepad (such as PS3 controller, Xbox 360 controller for Windows or Logitech gamepads).
- Additional:Notice that the game requires at least 256 MB of video memory to run smoothly.
Specifically, the game does NOT run properly on these configurations:
- iMac: 2006 (Intel GMA or ATI Radeon X1600 128MB or NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 128MB)*
- iMac: 2007-2008 (ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128MB)*
- Mac Mini: 2006-2008 (Intel GMA)
- Mac Mini: early 2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 128MB)*
- Macbook: 2006-2008 (Intel GMA)
- Macbook Air: early 2008 (Intel GMA)
- Macbook Pro: 2006 (ATI Radeon X1600 128MB)*
- Macbook Pro: 2007 (NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128MB)*
Performance may be low on these configurations (switch to the lowest possible resolution from the game options):
- iMac: 2006 (ATI Radeon X1600 256MB)
- Mac Mini: 2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook: late 2008-2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook Air: late 2008-2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook Pro: 2006 (ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 256MB)
- Macbook Pro: mid 2009 (13" models MB990/MB991 with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
- Macbook Pro: mid 2009 (Low-end 15" model MC118 with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)**
*) Please note that 256MB configurations of these models exist
**) Please note that most 15" Macbook Pro models with GeForce 9400M also have faster GeForce 9600M GT with dedicated video memory
Linux System Requirements
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit (Unity2D session preferred) or Ubuntu 12.10 32-bit
- Processor: 2.6GHz single core
- Memory: 1GB
- Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB shared or dedicated RAM (ATI or NVIDIA)
- Hard Drive: 3GB
© 2011 Recoil Games, Ltd. All rights reserved. The Recoil Games and Rochard logos and all other trademarks used herein are owned by Recoil Games, Ltd. or its licensors and may be registered in some countries. Other company and product names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners and are used for the benefit of those owners.