“Breath of Death VII is one of those rare parody games that recognises and mocks the pitfalls of its genre, but then sidesteps them in its own design, equipping itself with a veneer of smug satisfaction that transfers to the gamer.”
“The writing is impeccable, sharp, and one will find themselves in gigglefits throughout, especially when they begin to recognize many of the references being made to older games, and the vast number of play-on-words.”
“Breath of Death VII: The Beginning is a real surprise. It's an RPG that feels like it was a classic from back in the day, but it doesn't have any RPG hang-ups.”
“For an RPG whose sheer fun factor is on par with a lot of the $30 to $60 games people shell out multiple bills for, it's an extreme bargain.”
About the Game
Resurrect the classic era of RPGs with the retro parody RPG, Breath of Death VII: The Beginning. Join Dem the Skeleton Knight, Sara the ghost historian, Lita the vampire techie, and Erik the zombie prince as they explore an undead world in search of the secrets of the past. Laugh! Cry! Laugh some more!
- Old school RPG style mixed with modern design sensibilities!
- Fast-paced turn based combat!
- 4-6 hour quest with multiple game modes & difficulty levels for added replay value.
- Easy to understand branching character customization system with frequent LV-Ups.
- Multi-character unite techniques and combo break system for added depth!