SPAZ is a gmae which I can heartily recommend based on a few short facts.
1. The game's graphics are beautiful with a unique and disticive art style and lots of interesting and diverse weather conditions.
2. The ship designs are distinctive with their own mix of strengths and weaknesses and each has fully customisable loadouts to better suit whatever your style of play.
3. The game is long. Very long in fact but still manages to make each system feel unique and mysterious.
4. I controls are natural and destinctive with hotkeys that allow all sorts of game changing things to occur including ejecting cargo, jettisoning spare crew and releasing the ship's armour all of which improve the handling of the ship.
5. It's cheap and worth every last dime you drop on it.
If you like exploration, space combat and custom ships then you can't go wrong with SPAZ.