Mixed bag this one. At a price of 9,99€ i can not recommend it but if you can get it for a couple of euros it's definitely worth it. 2-5 euros is the price point i'd give to this game that Akella left a bit too rough on the edges.
- Sometimes you get the 'being there' feeling.
- Skirmishes around a convoy can be epic as you try to struggle your way through
- Looks pretty good though forget DirectX10. doesnt work for anyone. i play with 9.0c settings.
- Detailed guns and boats and crew.
- Good enough UI once you learn it's quirks.
- Good enough and fun enough management of destroyers and other ships under your command if you got any.
- Good looking smoke - when it decides to stay visible.
- UI is rough in the corners. also forget about modern day markers telling you exactly what to do - instead listen closely what the instructions are and follow them - or try to work yourself around them. (i.e. go to sector G-7 and look for a convoy - how about going north of that and trying to look there first where they might be heading)
- Damage models - i dont understand what determines who wins and who loses fights between PT boats. sometime crew fly around after direct hit. sometimes you can dump a lot of ammo on an enemy and still go down with the fishes.
- Better like restarting missions all the time. Allies first mission took me some 10 tries. (mission does randomize convoy consists (?) and locations a bit so every mission is slightly different even if you retry the same mission over again).
- Missions are locked and you can only advance through the hard way - Hard to say how much content there really is here - 3 tutorials in the beginning though that you really should do.